2001-2004.pdf 733.7 KB 21-12-2019 17:16
2005.pdf 158.3 KB 21-12-2019 17:17
2006.pdf 352.3 KB 21-12-2019 17:17
2007.pdf 254.1 KB 28-11-2019 16:28
2008.pdf 283.1 KB 28-11-2019 16:28
2009.pdf 1.2 MB 21-12-2019 17:17
Part I. Vocabulary (20%)
Directions: Choose the best answer (from A, B, C and D) to complete each of the following sentences. Mark your choice with a single bar across the square brackets on your Machine-scoring Answer Sheet.
1. Let's give a big _____to tonight's prize-winner.
A. respect B. shout
C. praise D. hand
2. It was a depressed and divided country, accustomed to failure and of change.
A. definite B. curious
C. suspicious D. anxious
3. The secret of the____ of Wal- mart in the retailing industry lies in is single-minded and skillful pantsuit of the lowest prices.
A. unalleviated B, uncombed
C. unprecedented D. unaccompanied
4. Those who got angry and crazy set fire to cars and shops in the Paris suburb of Clichy-sous-Bois, then the problems_____.
A. evolved B. evaporated
C. escalated D, exalted
5. The supervisor, his explanation when his fault was pointed out by some
talented young students.
A. stumbled over B. got over
C. dashed to D. gave out
6, it is evident that no one, no matter how much they _____ is immunity from the
effect of advertising.
A, refuse B. reflect
C. proclaim D. protest
7. "It's probably just stress." How many times have you uttered those words to